MSU Horticulture Farm Policies
The Horticulture Farm is under the administration of the Department of Plant Sciences and Plant Pathology in the College of Agriculture/Montana Agricultural Experiment Station. Use of part of the farm for any purpose is by permission of the manager and is subject to priority use and applicable fees. Questions about the operation of the farm should be directed to the manager by e-mailing email@example.com.
- As part of MSU/MAES, all rules that govern student conduct on campus apply to the Horticulture Farm. The farm is a component of a larger research and teaching complex with multiple programs and personnel.
- The Horticulture Farm operates from April 1 through October 31 (weather permitting). Winter activities require prior approval from the farm manager. Winter access is difficult and services are extremely limited.
- Farm hours of operation are dawn to dusk. After hours use must be approved by the farm manager.
- Pesticide application must be performed in accordance to applicable state and federal requirements. Applicators must have required training and certifications and records need to be posted in the office. The manager or Farm Technician should be notified of all pesticide applications in order to avoid conflicts with other users.
- Users of the Horticulture Farm should park in the Miller Pavilion parking lot. No student vehicles are to be parked around the buildings or gardens or along the farm lane or other access areas.
- Clean and return all tools to the appropriate shed. Tools in the Organic Market Gardening class shed are for organic plots only. Tools are not to be taken off the farm premises. Please be respectful.
- No smoking or alcohol at the Horticulture Farm.
- No pets.
- Do not walk on, handle or harvest anything from research or teaching plots. Respect others' property (tools, supplies, etc.) and don't use them without permission from the owner.
- Do not modify any structure at the farm without permission from the manager.
- Use of the Horticulture Farm is a privilege, not a right.
- First aid supplies are located in shed #1 and the Horticulture Farm office.